Friday, September 08, 2006

Rendezvous?

This is one odd neighborhood.

So I got home just a touch early today (It is currently about 5:20 CDT) and grabbed a beer and sent out to the front porch to enjoy a little cool weather (current temp 85° F, 54% humidity. Sweet!) and noticed all the hummingbirds (Ruby Throated) in the yard.

Then on the east side of the house, on Stanford Street, a late model black Ford pulls up. The car just sits there with the motor running.

About five minutes later, a late model Honda pulls up. A tall, good looking woman with long black hair gets out of the Honda, and walks over to the Ford. She gets in the passenger seat and closes the door. The driver hands her a CD (a CD?) and they start talking.

They talked, gesticulating wildly for about ten minutes – the CD in the woman’s hand the whole time.

Then she gets out (she just got out) and goes back to her car (I can smell her perfume wafting onto the porch as I type these words) and they drive away in different directions.

My guess?

They are married.

But not to each other.

But why the rendezvous here? On a not so obscure backstreet in The Montrose?

I can guess (like I did on the Live Drop story) but I don’t have the energy to do so right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home