Friday, June 01, 2007

Four Years

Today is my fourth anniversary as CEO of my company. It is hard to believe that it has been this long – it feels like just yesterday that I started here. But things have certainly changed.

When I joined, the company had about 22 people total. One office, and the previous year the company had sales of about $1.7 million, and a loss of about $1.6 million. This year, we have four offices around the world, close to 50 people (I think we hit the 50 mark next week), will sell about $12 million this year, and have been turning a profit for three years.

Of course, I don’t take all the credit for that (I will take some) as we have a great team of people here. As with every company, it has its ups and downs (back a couple of years ago I worried about making payroll. Now I worry about hiring enough people) and we are still a couple of years away from being a home run success. But I am pleased with what we have done. No, I am proud of what we have done.

There is still a lot of work to be done, and we are growing into the company that will be able to solve a lot more problems. But it has been a good four years.

A very good four years.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Piette said...

You've always been my role model.

But four years, bro? Are you even trying??

9:37 AM  
Blogger Dan Piette said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Dan Piette said...

Hard to believe, isn't it?

And I am always looking forward to my next bout of "Funemployment"

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home