Saturday, October 28, 2006

Alone this weekend

It is always tough when I am left alone for the weekend. I always tend too much towards self reflection anyway, but when I am all alone for a weekend it gets worse. I love staying at home, but usually with my sweet ever lovin’ not all alone.

So today I cooked. We will be having a dinner party next week, and I want to cook from Julia (Mastering the Art of French Cooking Vol II), but it is a complicated recipe. (Paupiettes Gargantua). So I cooked it today.

I woke up early (as I usually do). But earlier than usual. About 4:30. So Blaze and I got up and walked that early. The city is surprisingly serene that time of day. I saw a couple of cars, and one fellow on a bike (with no shirt). It was cold – in the low 50s.

When I got back I made myself a cup of coffee and toasted some bread. (Home made bread. Simple, white bread. It is good toasted). I read the papers (three of ‘em) and had my breakfast. One of the cats stayed on my lap the whole time I was reading.

After cleaning the dishes, I made a list and decided that I should go shopping. I went to Costco. Traffic was pretty bad due to construction on I-10 (aka The Katy Freeway), but I was in a pretty easy going mood.

I got the meat and some light bulbs. I had to do to Fiesta to get the vegetables (We just don’t need 15 lbs of carrots) and headed home. Traffic was bad again. I was easy going.

I started cooking about 11:00. The recipe, as I said was complicated. It took about four hours, so I had a very late lunch. It was very tasty. I had a glass of the Rosemont Balmoral Syrah we bought a couple of weeks ago. A perfect match.

Then I took a nap.

Later today, I intend on going to a friend’s party. Though I don’t really want to leave the house. I would rather just stay home.

Just stay home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home